Hey lovelies, so tonight I wanted to share with you, as promised on Facebook, my protein bites recipe using two of my Forever favourites.
If you didn’t know from my Instagram (@ku_layrosas), I’m a total foodie. Although truth be told, I haven’t actually gone “out” for food in a long while – need to change that! So, being a self-confessed foodie, I love getting my hands on new recipes.
Food-wise I always turn to a friend Emy’s blog: LilyLincoln, as she always shares great recipes, and on her Instagram stories too! And MiC’s Lucy Watson, and her sister Tiffany Watson, always share their vegan-style dishes on Instagram. Then there’s my mahoosive Pinterest boards that show just how much of a foodie I am.
So, for my recipe.
I have come up with this myself, and have had great, tasty results – approved by my mum herself! But please don’t think it’s a healthy recipe, and please eat in moderation!!!
A bit of a cheeky pick-me-up, these crunchy, honey granola bites are packed with protein and natural sugary goodness – the perfect mid-morning snack, especially if you’re desperate to curb a sugar craving.
- 1tbsp margarine, unsalted
- 1 scoop Forever Lite Ultra, vanilla
- 3 tbsp Forever Bee Honey
- As much granola as you wish – depends how much you want to make, I used Sainsbury’s own Strawberry Granola
- In a pan, melt the butter then add the granola. Mix together and continue to stir.
- Add the Forever Bee Honey and mix.
- Add Forever Lite Ultra and mix.
- Spoon mix into cupcake cases in even amounts.
- Top with a sprinkle of ground oatmeal.
- Bake for 5 minutes on gas mark 4.
- Place a tsp of (crunchy) peanut butter onto the top before popping into the oven. It melts and coats the top of the crunchy bite – delicious!
- Put a level tsp of ground oatmeal in the cupcake case, and then a heaped teaspoon of Nutella. Then spoon out the granola mix, sprinkle with ground oatmeal, and pop into the oven. My favourite.
Please feel free to distribute this recipe, and if you’re interested in the shake powder I currently am doing a deal. Just message me on Facebook @ Anna Mather and I will get in touch with you about the offer!